by Gary Chapman
Short Summary: Unhappiness in marriage often has a simple root cause: we speak different love languages, believes Dr. Gary Chapman. While working as a marriage counselor for more than 30 years, he identified five love languages: Words of Affirmation, Quality Time, Receiving Gifts, Acts of Service, and Physical Touch. In a friendly, often humorous style, he unpacks each one.

3 comments:
I have already read this book because I own it. I love this book. It makes so much sense, and it really opened up a lot of good things to me in our marriage.
The concepts of all of us having a different language of love is very real. It helped me when I found out what Jared's love language was, because then I could work on how I interacted with him better.
I have also read this book before, but every once in awhile Mario and I break it out and read it together again. I choose this book because I love how it helps me understand and better show my love to people around me that I want to know that I love them.
I am always trying to do better and I think that this book helps me be a better wife and mother. It also helps me realize what I need to feel loved and tell Mario, he is always wondering. :)
I have read this book previously as well. I think that it is really a gift to be able to communicate love to people in a way that they recognize it. It also remined me how lucky I am to have my fabulous hubby who's greatest desire is to make me feel loved every moment of every day and he definitely succeeds!
Post a Comment