Wednesday, February 4, 2009

February/March Book

"The Goose Girl"
by Shannon Hale
Short Summary: The engaging plot can certainly carry the tale, but Hale's likable, introspective heroine makes this also a book about courage and justice in the face of overwhelming odds. The richly rendered, medieval folkloric setting adds to the charm.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love all of Shannon Hale's books. She is such an eloquent write and writes a story that really draws you in. I enjoy her imagery and word choice. Ani is such a loveable character.

Camille said...

I agree with Pamela. The Goose Girl was the first book I read by Shannon Hales. After reading it I decided I would look up what other books she has written and read some of them too.

Jana and Mario said...

I just got this book from the library, I was put on the waiting list. I really enjoyed this story and found myself thinking about the story throughout the day. I will definitely read more of her books. Thanks Camille, I was really looking for a good book to read, this was great!