by Nancy Turner
Short Summary: Based on the real-life exploits of the author's great-grandmother, this fictionalized diary vividly details one woman's struggles with life and love in frontier Arizona at the end of the last century.The result is a compelling portrait of an enduring love, the rough old West and a memorable pioneer.

3 comments:
Ok so most of the time I am not one to really love old west type books, but I really liked this book. Again I am not one who really likes sad or depressing books, but again I found myself totally drawn into this book. I really love her personality, how she is so pig headed and not totally honest with herself even in her diary, she reminds me of someone I know.... Anyways I did hate the ending, but that is just because I always want everything sugar coated and perfect!! I hope everyone else enjoys it!!
I really enjoyed this book. Once I got into it I couldn't put it down. I love how strong Sarah is. I also loved the interaction with her and her siblings and sister-in-law. They had a true love for each other. Although I was sad at the end that she finally had the man she loved and he died, I think it was fitting. She was so strong throughout the book and could endure anything.
I liked this book also. It was hard to think of her losing all those people that she loved, but that really was how it was then. I can't imagine such a life! It was a good book of true love in all the different varieties- as a mother, a wife, a sister, a daughter. The ending was hard to read after all that she had been through, but I knew it was coming from before she married him. I also thought about how I should be more faithful in writing in my journal to preserve my life and the things that I have learned for my future posterity. Good book Andrea!
Post a Comment